Friday, February 9, 2007

Eternal Passion

I had once a passion for life that fueled
each thought and deed;
That passion ignited the start of each day
and fired my soul with need.
It filled my dreams through the night
and wrapped me safe until dawn,
Until one morning I awoke to discover it was gone.
I looked around to feel the heat,
to see the source of flame,
In the cold my soul screamed out
but I only heard my name.
I walked throught all the empty rooms...
but no one else was home.
Those I'd loved were somewhere else
and now I was alone.
In exhaustion I collapsed and started to remember...
How my passion's raging fire had become this lonely ember.
I'd always had others who'd told me how to think and feel
I had followed their hearts so long
I no longer knew what was real.
So I took all the truths that others had shared
and put them in the shelf.
I sat alone in the empty house
and journeyed to find myself.
Over the years, I came to see that
SOME of their truths were mine
But I had truth inside myself
and that was harder to find.
I learned the passion I'd always known
had come from my outside
Now my search had circled within,
With nowhere else to hide.
As I traveled to find my truth;
I discovered I wasn't alone
It wasn't that the house was empty
Only the people were gone.
When I opened the doors and windows,
The moon reflected in
At last I saw the rain that fell
And finally heard the Wind.
I began to hear a deep melody
It induce me to hope again......
Sang me a story about love and eternity
And it promised me all this wasn't in vain.
With miles to go, I now know, my journey's still brand new,
I call for strenght for what's ahead and all I've still to do.
But now I can be a mother and live as one man's wife
For I have found inside myself, a burning passion for life.

No comments: