Thursday, August 21, 2008

~ Hopscotch ~


Walking through the beaches of life, I had an encounter with an obstacle, that at first, seemed inevitable. A Rock!

:Everything that happens, happens for a reason!

So, I stopped, observed, tried to understand why did that little object obliged me to stop on that ground that I so many times walked on.
I couldn't find a logic explanation, that would make me understand the deed of what happened.
I see myself just starring at that little insignificant thing... the thoughts, the choices devastated me, but nothing made me realize the objective of that little rock.
Walking home... in deep thought, the memory was the ally of the moment. I remembered that sometimes even the tinniest thorn makes us stop from a determinate walk. The detail of this, allows us to think about everything that decides our lives.
The daily run makes us sometimes lose track of what is really important. We allow our lives to be accumulated in pictures and memory that eventually will become a blur or will erode with time.
That little rock allowed me a reflexion; even tho being so little, it was sufficient to stop me from my objective, determinate and concrete walk... the walk of, living!
All the daily events aren't enough for a "learning", we have to realize that life is also made and created by little details, as small as that rock... (or even smaller)!
I walk on that same road, where the footprints from that event were erased by time...
... but not before picking up that rock and putting it on my pocket.
And when an important detail, one minimum event, will decide where I will be walking, and I don't realize it because I'm distracted... or maybe because of an unconscious conscience; the rock is with me... it allows me to travel through time and reminds me of my lesson.
I pick up the rock and I see all the suffering that I've carried on all the roads I've walked.
The rock works, as always, as an object of the soul... that stored everything.
Once again, we remember that the little rock is not allowing us - like a thorn stuck in your foot - to take the easiest way. The one of giving up, the one from the losers that are afraid of all types of pain.
I go on my knees and I pick up a bit of dirt... that has been walked on over millions of people, that has been kissed by the breeze of the wind, that has been bathed by the Summer sun...
... I listen to it's daily suffering... and I feel I can't give in, not like this, not without fighting.

* Life is like hopscotch. You throw rocks, you pick them up, you can play with someone or alone, you hop, you stand, sometimes you even fall... or fail... but in the end it's all about playing the game. *

No comments: