Sunday, July 6, 2008

~ MoM ~

Maybe I've caused too much of a downfall,
And a lot less of gain,
Maybe I've become much less of a daughter,
And a lot more of a shame.
But one day of your silence,
Is twenty four hours of torture,
Eighty-six-thousand-four-hundred minutes of agony,
And a world, full of pain.
I'd prefer if you'd just hurt me physically, please,
Leave me no more to contemplate things,
This is insane!
Eventually,
Progressively,
And now repetitively,
I've become in your repute and your life,
A SCAR.
My actions have been a fret,
But my thoughts have always thought far.
Unconsciously and unintentionally,
I've cause too much disappointment,
And now, with drenched eyes, I try to converse,
That you, in fact, are my ointment.
I saw you whimper at school that one day,
And one tear trickling down your eye,
Lay me down in an excruciating trance;
It put me in distress!
And in my abstinent, cold, scrawny heart,
It set an enduring sty.
And even though you know that it did,
Have you ever thought: "Why?"
I seal my teeth and heart,
Each instant I see you frown,
And this time I saw you really weep,
You were hurt, really deep...
It gives me hitherto another down,
Maybe mentioning the subsequent verse
Won't prove my reverence to you...
So what shall I do?
It might just attest it's author's poetry,
and his penchant,
But for now, I use it as a medium to beseech for clarity.
Forgiveness... it is what I want...
I want to scream out loud,
With or without a crowd:

A love of a mother
Will never die
I'll never forget you
I cannot lie...
You've taught me so much
I couldn't thank you enough.
So I guess that this will have to do
I'll try and show my appreciation for you.
You're a wonderful mother
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel like I belong.
You are patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask...
It seems you can do most anything;
You are the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You are my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than I can express
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!
As for I wouldn't be the girl I am today
Without your love along the way.

I Love You Mom.

No comments: